Friday, May 4, 2007

Still hangin in there!

So I just got home from a marathon of midterms and riding on three hours of sleep. Where you may ask? At the library. Yes my study mates and I pulled out the pillows and blankets and slept in the library. So to finish off the lovely midterm exam week we had Pharmacology II and Peds to study for. Check my email and am shock to see that are Pharm grade is up from this morning. Then I see a friendly hello from LovelyPecola, which reminded me I had a blog to update. Time sure does fly.

So how did I do? I hate Adult II but anyhoo I studied my ass off and we ALL came out asking where the hell was all the crap I studied, and what kind of questions was that. I knew the nursing assessment, intervention, planning, evaluation, implementation you name anything a nurse responsibility entailed I knew. And pretty much taught myself. The prof sent an email saying they'd been getting alot of emails about how to study for the upcoming midterms and they specifically stated to cover those materials and to read the chapters(which means squeezing that into the 25th hour of my day). We had a quiz two weeks prior and the average was pretty low for our class, the lowest its been. 78% We're usually way in the mid-high 80s. Anyhoo, I stil cant figure out how they test and I'll be asking alot of questions in class, because the last couple of weeks was teaching on the diseases but not anything about nursing care. So I will be raising my hands when I feel I'm being short changed. So for that class I got an 84 on the midterm with a 78 on the quiz. Not bad but I want excellence.

Okay community's exam was a breath of fresh air in the middle of the week after the hot mess Adult II exam and got a 94. Wednesday consisted of me tired of studying, annoyed of studying, knowing I should start on something since I had Pharm and Peds on friday, but decided to sleep and watch House. A mess I know, but my body needed it, I listen to it.

So Thursday morning woke up covered Peds(a whole bunch of crap especially with the cardio but enjoyed it b/c anything with cardio makes sense to me.) Mid-day went to get some new running sneakers to get ready for this marathon in four weeks. Then completed Pharm on my own that afternoon. Approx. at 6pm headed of to the library met with study mates, went thru each powerpoint for pharm and reviews and rationales(those series are my friend better than most textbooks). Stayed up till 2:30 studying, munching, laughing our asses off, did silly things to remember certain drug, like Chlora had Gray Baby Syndrome at Bacteristatic Hospital. Fell asleep on my friend going over Sulfa drugs. Woke up at 5:30 and was at it again grilling each other. Soooooooooooooo, because of this study sleep over night at the library I feel it earned me my 'A'. I got a 94% whooop whoop!!!!! Heeeeeeeeeyyyy!!! I am so freakin psyched.

Okay peds, is another story, I hate Select All questions. What da hell. There was 6 and I got 2 right. And with a total of 10 wrong out of 50. I got an 80 which considered a C in the nursing curriculam. SOme questions were kinda weird and we were told 2 or 3 will be thrown out. So anyhoo, reason why I am not too flustered it was small percentage of my grade and I did pretty well on the quiz. And honestly Pharm was priority for me today since it weighed waaay more which pretty much was half my grade. Anyhoo, so since my 3hr of sleep fuel is pretty much flashing empty, get off the computer and go to sleep. I am going to gladly obliged. Thanks LP for checkin up. Much love.

No comments: