Tuesday, April 17, 2007

VTech's Tragedy

Its weird that when I heard the news for a fleeting moment, which was yesterday from a minute phone call from my sister telling me "that a co-worker of hers on her lunch break called asking her what school I went to and quickly informing her about the shooting at VTech". She then quickly informed her co-worker that I attended SuchandSuch University. She told me in her head if this was occuring at my school she was ready to just walk out of work, book a ticket and be on the next flight to my city.

So I really couldnt react to the info. I was just in a stress nonreactive state of mind sudying in with my group. Here was my response "wow,seriously, 32 people died, oh my goodness, wow" (all the while three classmates staring wide eyed at me)*quickly entail the info to them*. Hang up the phone with her telling me to be aware of my surroundngs and be safe.


So I go home try to look up the info online, I'm still not reacting. Take my quizzes today, which I bombed one which I'll post about another time. Go to the gym which I havent been since February and after working out sat in the lockers lounge and watch the CNN's news coverage for 30 minutes. That one student which they titled as a hero, when asked to comment about what he thought about that*in my head I'm like what kind of question is that* he broke down and barely squeezed out that he was just glad to be here today. Boy did that do it for me. Can I say it just hit me. I mean I say that many times thank you Jesus for waking my up and blessing me with another day. Those words are never overused in my opinon because it's true. 32 people all those pictures and one sentence snid bit of info on each, accomplishement or major. I was thinking these people were more than what they were majoring, these people had a life, a family, friends.

It's weird that I feel at peace and thre's no spirit of fear upon me. After 9/11 that was a different story..took me a minute before I started flying. But now I know Christ, therefore I'm at peace. Please put the victim's and gunman's families in prayer, may they receive the spirit of comfort and peace in this time of pain, loss, and sorrow. Thank you God for your loving mercy and grace.