Friday, February 9, 2007

I WILL SURVIVE THIS PROGRAM

Okay I just made it thru this programs second midterm. Brain exhaustion should be a diagnosis for nursing students especially at this fast pace. Well after taking my last midterm this morning I came home crashed on the floor and woke up at 2. Not bad considering I had only 4hrs of sleep, which I found out from my A&P professor that's the minimum you need to functionally do well on an exam. I think I did well. I ended the week with Psych, which I feel the exam was very fair. It could have been worst.

I got my grade back for pharm, maternity, and Adult 1. Pharm-B, Adult I-A, and Maternity-B. Still waiting on Psych to post. I love Maternity but because of this fast pace program I really don't have the time to really really enjoy it. I guess I'll have the time when I enter my dream school midwifery program. Plus I plan on doing it part-time while working full-time.

My main goal is to address the lack of prenatal care in under served communities. I really want to focus on my black people because the numbers are alarming. Most likely upon graduating from my dream CNM school which is forecasted to be in 4yrs I would like to start practicing in a community health center. I would like to also do some research and a whole bunch of other stuff which I will get into in upcoming posts.

For now I am happy that I'm doing pretty well in a quarter that usually weeds out people. In the name of Jesus I will make it thru this quarter.

No comments: