Friday, February 16, 2007

Grade Change

So here goes my week. On monday, our professor went over our women's health midterm exams. Mind you after taking that exam, I walked out feeling pretty good thinking I most likely got my 'A'. So when I saw that I received a 'B' I was a little taken aback. I mean a 'B' is great and everything but I really wanted an 'A' seemingly this is my interest as far as furthering my nursing career. So shes going over the exam in class and we could hardly hear her, I sit right in the front so obviously those in the back definitely couldnt hear her. So someone kindlyask if she could speak up, can you tell me why she pursed her lips and got lower. Anyhoo, all I could do is just laugh thinking "is she serious?". Some people got up and left, which I dont blame them. Anyhoo, the little bits that I could catch I believed I got them correct. SO afterwards a couple of students approached her kindly asking how was it graded b/c they were kinda suprised about their grades. She got very defensive stating she herself and our other professor who's also c0-teaching graded each exam by hand and all the grades are correct yada yada and they gave everybody 2pts for a question. Ask me why? Especially when it was scantroned. So she turns to me and I'm like "I'll just email you to schedule an appt." b/c I really wasnt in the mood for someone to get flipped with me. So later on that afternoon, our other professor(who's a CNM she's real sweet and a great instructor) emailed us informing she will have available our exams if we would like to go over our scantrons ourself.

So here's the good news, after going over my exam I went from a 'B' to an 'A'. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy! Could you imagine if I didnt question my exam or didnt go to that review. Another classmate went from pretty much failing to a 'B". That in itself is very alarming. This makes my question my other 'B" that I received in pharm b/c she said there was some problems with some individuals who utilized mechanical pencils. Of course I used a mechanical pencil so I emailed her also to schedule an appt to go over my scantron.Anyhoo the moral of the story, if you question ur grade dont hesitate to politely request to go over it. Plus its great to know what da hell you got wrong so next time you'll know the correct respoonse because you will definitely see it again. Especially in this program I want every point I earned, even if there's a possible discrepancy for 2 pts. b/c you never know in the end you might just have need those exactly 2 pts to pass that class. So midterm grades are as follows Adult I-A, Matrnity-A heeeeeeeeeeeyyy, Psych-A, and beloved Pharm-B. Alrighty until next time. Much love.

No comments: