Monday, October 6, 2008

Made it thru my first term of midwifery school

Yes I made it! Completed two classes successfully: Health Promotion: B and Pathophysiology: A.
I had a hard time for Health Promotion completing those papers. Plus while I was completing the paper I knew that I was going to get at least an 85 because honestly thats how much effort I put in. I just was sooooo not in the mood of doing any papers this term then I had to remind my self that I'm in grad school which equates to heap full of papers.

So it came around to registering and I dont know what I was thinking, I decided to take a full load of class mind you I am registered as part-time but you have an option as taking as many or little classes as you would like as long as you complete in the alotted 36 mos. So I registered for Decision Making(semi-looking forward to it), Nursing Theories(dread dread dread this class), and Reproductive Physiology(YEAAAAHHH!). Then I realized hey Theories has too too too many papers for my blood at this time and plus I have some life changing events going on right now which is going to require me to pick up some extra shifts. So therefore I decided last week to drop two classes and am currently enrolled in only one class: Reproductive Physiology(yeah!). I really want to know the material and not just cram obviously the information I'm required to know is pertinent in providing my moms the safe quality midwifery care. I guess this means I'll have more time to blog. Much love everyone!:)

3 comments:

AtYourCervix said...

Squeeeeeeeee! You're back to blogging again!!

BTW - I was accepted at Frontier. Bridge Class 64 - FB in Dec!!!

minority midwife said...

As long as you're making progress!! Glad you're loving Frontier!

LP

RN2CNM said...

Okay, so how about that second term?
Hope you are doing well and hanging in there! Keep your eye on the prize gal!